Thursday, June 23, 2011

are they or are they not?

Recently, we drove up to the country and stayed in a friend's family holiday home during the Easter break. We felt like kings and queens in that family home! Everything about it looked, smelt and tasted expensive!!!!! I slept in Ralph Lauren sheets and wiped my ass after my bath in Ralph Lauren towels!!!!!!! :)

Anyway, there were other couples there too. Mostly with kids except one couple. They said that they didn't want kids and in my dreary tired mind after having chased T for 6hours, I mumbled, HMMMM.... cuz sub-consciously, I thought, Yeah I've used that excuse before, when people asked us if we were EVER gonna have kids after having been married for 3 years. I didn't contribute much in the conversation, partly cuz I was tired and also I didn't want to intrude. Hey, I know what's it like when people kept pestering us if we were going to have kids. But as the other couples interrogated them, I couldn't help feel defensive for the couple and wanted to shout, HEY BACK OFF! GIVE THEM A BREAK! And as each couple shared about their how long it took them to get pregnant, pregnancy stories, children stories, I became really bored and at the corner of my eye, I saw that "I-chose-to-be-child-free" woman stifle a yawn. Yep, both of us were bored and somehow, she managed to convince me that they really didn't want kids.

So, on the last day, we were all rushing to pack up and head home, which can be so chaotic with kids running around, I saw T running towards me, and he was laughing. He wanted to give me a hug....my schweet boy. And then at the corner of my eye, I saw the "I-chose-to-be-child-free" woman look at us and gave us a smile. I thought I recognised the "Gosh, I want a child too but can't have" longing look. I wanted to say, I know what you're feeling. But I didn't.

And till today, I do wonder sometimes, are they or are they not?

Infertile?

Hmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment